Friday, June 10, 2011

Today is the day..

My bus leaves at 7:30pm tonight to go to Wisconsin for training.

All my stuff is packed (I hope) and the last thing I need to bring is in the dryer. In about an hour or less I will be loading up and heading out to Daytona Beach to find the greyhound station and get my ticket and everything set.

I am nervous and excited at the same time. I don't really look forward to leaving for the amount of time that I am, but that is something that I just have to get used to. Hopefully when I look back at these entries I will smile and think myself foolish. I would like to remind myself that you have the benefit of current knowledge and experience of things already past. Where are the present I currently do not. This is a big unknown for me and most people fear the unknown. I don't really "fear" it, but I am wary of it.

My next entries will be from my phone. I have tried to secure a way to charge my phone while on the bus. We have this little battery pack that allows you to charge things on the go. I had that bugger plugged in for 2 days just to be sure it was fully charged. So look for pictures and possibly videos coming up.

I know I am going to do a few education entries in the future. One of which will be a step by step pre-trip inspection of the truck. Should prove to be interesting. Which reminds me, I need to grab some rags for that. 

See you all on the travel side.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, bro! I really hope this works out well for you.

    ReplyDelete