Thursday, June 30, 2011

The saga starts to end..

After getting about 3 or 4 hours of sleep, i got up and talked to my trainer about hiw I felt and where U stood. It was a short convo and he respected my decision. I then called my fleet manager and explained to him what was going on. He asked if that was my decision and I said it was. So a bus ticket was purchased against my future earnings im supposed to get to send me home.

I had to pack my stuff up and get off the truck at the truck stop we slept at last night. While I waited for my auth form to be faxed, my trainer left to continue to deliver the load. Thinking that a cab ride was in my future, I talked ti the girl at the truck stop helping me with the faxes and she informs me that the greyhound station is located across the street at the McDonalds. So, the universe was all set about my decision and ked me to where I had to be to continue my journey home.

I am sitting at said McDonalds waiting for an attendant to come and give me tickets. I will be leaving at 3:30pm central time and heading to my finak destination of Daytona Beach, Fl. So my next little adventure will begin. Once I get my tickets squared away, I will be starting to write up my closing thoughts on my experience as a professioal trucker.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment