Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Its a GO!

I got the call today. I am to start orientation next Monday in Wisconsin.


I will be going through a new training program that is broken up into 2 steps. It will be 7 days of orientation training which will include a combination of road driving, close quarters maneuvering, and classroom curriculum which will consist of logging techniques, trip planning, satellite communication training company policies and procedure and protective driving.

Basically, Truck Driver Training school all over again except condensed into 1 weeks time including a driving test and open book exam.

After that I get a day off to reset my hours a bit and then move into phase 2 of training which is the Over the road training. The training is up to 13 days over the road after which I get to do another CDL eval test and open book exam.

Once that's all done, I get my own truck and trailer and first assignment.

Easy peasy...

My first goal is to get there and then worry about things as they arise. Here is to hoping that I will not screw up.

No comments:

Post a Comment