Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 1 completed

So, day 1 is done and I am still here. Today was mostly the prerequisite stuff that needed to be done for employment. Some paperwork, the stress tests and drug screening. My biggest concern was the stress test.

It consisted of several different exercises that simulated actual work instances. During which my heart rate was monitored. If my heart rate exceeded a set amount based on my age, I would fail and be sent home. So I was a tad concerned about this test. Well, after all was said and done, i did very well.

After the standard drug screening, we came back and had lunch and watched a training video on hazmat. Then went over reading an atlas and how to use it properly. After which we reviewed how to properly do logging.

All that info was more for the other four people in oyr class. Three of us, as far as i know, are going to start our actual classes tomorrow at the.new training facility. So, the real fun begins then for me. I also have to switch motels tomorrow as well. So i will be busy busy all day long.

Almost time to try and sleep again, i am still feeling strung out from the bus ride here. I miss home, but even after being here a day, i feel like i picked the right company to start with. I have heard that this place is difficult to get a job for because they are very particular about who they hire. So, if i do make it, it tells me i really am good enough. That in itself will be very rewarding, as well as working for a comoany that actually cares about its people.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

No comments:

Post a Comment