Sunday, June 12, 2011

Final leg..

I have had a lot of time to reflect on my trip to Wisconsin via bus. First I would like to say that bus travel is not for everyone. I am ok with it, but now that I have done a trip, it will never be my first choice of transport. It is a fun trip if you meet good people on the way, which I did. Its just that 1500 miles as cargo got tiresome after awhile.

I pondered a bit on relationships. I don't think I could have attempted this journey if my relationship with my wife wasn't strong. We have our snippy moments but I would not trade her for anyone else. Her support, wit and strength gets me through my moments of doubt and wariness. Her belief in me is my fuel to move forward and do things I did not think I could possibly do. I frrl the any success on this endevour is just as much her accomplishment as it is mine.

I am coming to the end of this part of the journey. Getting to the motel and sleeping for a few hours in a bed seems like a luxury at this point. Sleeping upright without my CPAP machine has been hell on me. I am over tired, somewhat cranky and I think I am develooing a headache. My back is sore as is my neck. A hot shower is as on my agenda today. I don't have to be up and ready to leave in the lobby til 6:00 am ish. So there is plenty of downtime for me to try and decompress. Supper tonight may consist of the rest of my travel snacks and thats fine. A continental breakfast will be greeting me in the morning.

I know I am bitching about travel, but let me just say this. There is a difference to trwvelling as cargo vs. driving. I feel as if I have no control. The reality of that statement is 100%.accurate. I can't stop if I want to, I can't control the vehicle I am in. I am at the mercy of others and Gods willing I will make it to my destination. Not that I don't trust the drivers or anything, its just one of those quirks.

Another sunrise viewed from a bus window. No matter what, I mean to collect more sunrises.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

No comments:

Post a Comment