Sunday, June 19, 2011

Need a day off... ain't gonna get it

Been going to bed way too late, especially last night.

Went back to the facility to do laundry for the simple reason that paying about 10 bucks for a load of laundry is nott my idea of a good time. The terminal had brand new High Efficiency washers and driers that didn't cost anything. So, that was  ano brainer.

While there, tried to do homework, and did about 3/4 of it but there were a few truckers in the lounge area and they were more than happy to give us their input of life on the road and the troubles that they have been facing. They gave us insights of what to look for when starting out, where not to go when a truck is in need of repair plus a few horror stories to keep us interested. Overall it was a very educational evening. By the time laundry was done, it was 9pm and I was able to head back to the hotel.

After a conversation like that, it was real hard to wind down to sleep. I don't think I got to sleep until just past midnight. So, I am now dragging my ass this morning. I may have a cup of coffee just in case.

Seeing how I drove up in a bus starting last Friday night, my body is telling me that I have been working 8 days stright with no break. As much as I want to bitch, moan and complain about it, I have to get used to it simply because I will be dealing with linear time as a work schedule. Keep time under control and accurate is a big deal in this type of job, so I have to suck it up and figure it out. I heard that there is a shortage of on the road trainers at the company at the moment. So there is a distinct possibility that I may not have a trainer to go out with on the road right away on Wednesday. However, we will see what happens when they tell us on Monday.

Today is Father's day, so for all you Dad's out there that qualify for this day, Happy Father's Day. For all you guys that are like me and don't have kids, take the time to call your Dad if you can and chat with him for a few minutes. Even if you don't see eye to eye most times. Like Christmas, its the thought that counts. No one gives a guy a "How to be a good Dad" manual when you are born, they have to do the best they can and figure it out. So, give him a break today and just say "Hi".

No comments:

Post a Comment