Monday, May 9, 2011

So today wasn't the day..

Well my goal of going to the Driver's License location to pick up my CDL and Hazmat today fell through. The day was not a total scrub, I was able to move forward and set up an appointment for tomorrow to do my Hazmat test and I just got word a few minutes ago from the new trucking company that they want to talk to me tomorrow morning for an official job offer.

This should mean that I will be able to setup the earliest appointment for getting into orientation and getting back to work. Not that I don't enjoy sitting around here and talking to myself.. Actually, sitting around here is causing me great anxiety. I feel pretty worthless and non-productive. Going back to work will be nice even when I bitch about it.

One thing that I did this weekend was get a good idea from my wife. Take a picture a day while on the job. Find something unique and interesting and take a picture of it, then post it here for everyone to see. Then once I get out on the road and I find interesting things to eat in unique locations, take a picture of that and post it. I can't wait to hit Chicago and try an authentic Chicago Pizza.. ooo, just the thought of it. mmm..

Anyway, that's today's endeavor. I need to review my hazmat material for tomorrow's test and get my official license.

No comments:

Post a Comment