Friday, May 27, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Welcome to my long weekend.

Sadly to say, I still have not had any answer back from the trucking company about an orientation date yet. Since this is Memorial Day weekend and the official start of the Summer Season for most commercial enterprises, it comes as no surprise that my recruiter had taken Friday off to start a long weekend.

So this gives me more time to play with, I have started to work on my health a little bit more. If you notice off to the left I have added a RSS feed showing my progress of work for walking with a program called Run Keeper. Its pretty slick and I find its better than a pedometer. Not only does it track with GPS my position and relative speed, but it ties in with Google Maps to plot out where I have gone. So if I decide to go on a few side and winding roads on my walks, I can see exactly where I was at the time.

What I am doing is setting myself up to compete with myself. I need to start exercising again and walking is going to be one of those things I can do no matter where I go. So while I am out and about at various trucking rest stops along the way, I will be walking and if you care to check out where I am doing my walking, it should pop up on a map. A tad Big Brotherish, I know. Then again the truck has similar tracking on it as well, so either way, people know where I am. I'm just bringing it to my friends and curious bystanders.

Tuesday will be the start of a new week and hopefully that will show any progress towards my starting at the company. As it stands all the reports and paperwork that have been submitted has passed the Safety department and is now sitting with the Medical director. They have to look over all the medical paperwork done by the clinic I went to and the reports and documents I have sent in based on my Sleep Study and CPAP machine. From there a decision will be made.

All that there is now to do is wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment