Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Updates from .... not the field.

As it turns out, the report I sent in Friday was not what they were looking for. The data date range was wrong.

So the final (I hope) piece of information that I need to submit to the Safety department has been sent.

I am waiting now, not more than a little trepidation, for the all clear and a date for my orientation.

As I think I said before, I am jumping through a lot of hoops here for a very good reason. None of these obstacles were in front of me for company number 1. What would have happened when I got there? Would I have had to go through all of these same steps there? A lot of this information would have taken me weeks were I on a truck trying to learn what I needed to learn. It would have been especially difficult if I had the stress of information gathering after the fact.

I am glad I am still home to do all this information gathering. I am not too thrilled about not working yet but I would rather have all my ducks in a row BEFORE I get out there. Focus while learning is an important thing. I really dislike being distracted about one thing while trying to learn another and then failing both.

We shall see what happens now.

No comments:

Post a Comment