Saturday, May 14, 2011

The further adventures of Dr. Waitaminute

Hoops.

So many hoops to jump through these days to just try and get into an orientation. Thursday and Friday was spent speedily waiting on the Doctor's office back north to fill out one simple form and fax it back to me.

I had figured out that I could send faxes with my Printer, I just needed to borrow a phone line to do so. Once I had permission to borrow a land line, I faxed out a medical release form and the paperwork that the clinic gave me when I went for the physical the other day.

Now I understand that Doctor's offices are busy places, I truly do. However, by closing time Friday, I was calling that office every 15 minutes to get an update because seriously, this ONE fax was holding me up from starting to get a job. I finally got the medical assistant for the Doctor on the phone and she stated that she was working til 5pm and would see what she could do. I pretty much took that as a brush off so I gave up hope on the entire thing til Monday. That is until she called me back at 4:30 stating that she would be faxing it out. So I ran to my printer and made sure it had paper in it and was hooked up to the phone line and waited and waited then waited some more.

Bottom line, the fax never came and they didn't call me back before they left. It is a damn good thing that I am over 1000 miles away because were I closer, come Monday morning I would be the first one at the door asking for my damn paperwork.

So, Monday I will HOPEFULLY have my medical stuff cleared up enough that I will be able to start the orientation process. This weekend in preparation for that, I will be gathering up all my information that I will need for the orientation day(s).  I found that the training time is split 15 days/ 16 days and in the middle of those two times I get sent home to have some home time. Home time is nice, but I made a decision last week that I may time some of my home time visiting my Mom and Dad in their respective places or visiting friends from time to time. Its up in the air for the moment, as nice of a thought that would be I still have to get employed first.  The unemployment game here is getting to me, not just the fact that I am not getting compensation for one whole job I worked that would have pushed my weekly benefit higher, but the stress of just sitting around is really getting to me. I want to be out and about making a difference in my life and the lives of those who have chosen to live in my household. I cannot provide as I would like to right now. This bothers me and is a constant thorn in my side.

Be that as it may, I am working on changing things so come Monday, the next challenge begins and hopefully I will be writing about my pains and struggles on how to properly pack 2 pillows in my suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment