Wednesday, May 11, 2011

DOT Physical Day.

Today I went to get my D.O.T. physical done for the new job. I ran into a small snag with my sleep apnea, or so I thought.

In 2008 I was diagnosed with Severe Obstructed Sleep Apnea, after which I was put onto a CPAP machine. While I was in school for the Trucking license, I heard that there were talks about Sleep Apnea being an instant disqualification for employment for companies.

Once I got home I called up my recruiter and told her the results, what she said was that it wasn't a problem since I was already diagnosed, all I had to do was gather up the information I needed from my previous study and send it in. I spent the early part of the afternoon calling the hospital that gave me the study and the Dr. office that ordered it. Aside from waiting for the snail mail package to arrive with the info, I should be all set. The recruiter also told me that they have several drivers on the road that use a CPAP machine for sleeping. That in itself gave me more relief than I had expected.

So, now I need to figure out faxing capabilities. I may have a cheap solution, but I have to wait until people get home to follow up on it. So we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment