Thursday, July 12, 2012

*Tap tap* Is this thing on?

Well I spent my first night at a truck stop.

To be fair, the mattress that is in the back of the van is quite comfortable. The problem, as it turns out, that keeping the van idling for power and a/c is not economical at all. I went from a half tank to a quarter tank in 6 hours. Aside from that, I slept well.

So it was another day of sitting around. I called my dispatch a couple of times to make sure that I was actually active in the system. Come to find out, it was just a slow day of sales. No sales, no trucking, makes a sad Obie. So when 6pm rolled around, I figured that I would not waste any more fuel and swapped my port of call from Canton Ohio to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Oh look, a bed I can borrow and shower I can use. The real threat of being stuck without a load for the weekend is a big one, so I might as well position myself in an area that I am comfortable and not waste fuel.

Its kind of depressing that I don't have anything to do yet but after talking to a few drivers, that actually happens but the month usually balances out and you will long for a day that you can just take a break. Which is something I am looking forward to.

So I am hanging at a friends house in PA and I am tired as hell. So I will just get some sleep while I can and hope I get some load offers tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment