Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Slow cooking and BBQ histories revealed

Texas, home of BBQ and Slow Roasting. Having been here for the last  36 hours, it is very apparent as to why. How people survived here before air conditioning of some sort is beyond me. The temp here has been in the 100's for the last two days and most of my fuel is going towards idling just to keep myself from being the next succulent morsel found in the back of a van that was slowly boiled in his own juices to perfection. Seriously, it's that hot here. The temptation to take a pump spot under the shade of the fuel island overhang is very high, yet the idea of having to move to another truck stop because I was kicked out seems to be a reasonable prevention.

The pic I added was one from walking while I was still in Florida. It was a night night out, sun was going down and on top of all that, it was cool out. Wind blowing just enough to have a very slight chill on it. Mmm, yes I can almost remember what that felt like. Unlike now where all I can see in my head is this..
Lone Star State, my ass. The start is too damn close.
Needless to say, it's a bit warm out here..

No comments:

Post a Comment